Wednesday, September 27, 2017

hmmmmppphhh day!

Yes, I know that many people call this hump day, but today I'd like to call it hmph day.  In my understanding, hmph is a term of indifference.  Don't correct me if I'm wrong.  I want to live in my own little world today.  Hmph!

Yesterday evening didn't go as planned.  This morning we were going to go to See You at the Pole in town and I got my van stuck in the mud.  By the time we got home (thank you neighbor) and could take our pickup with a low tire, it was the time they were starting and it is about 20 minutes to get to town.  Hmph!  My kids were disappointed, but I can't change what was.  My son was driving, but I told him he could make it through the puddle and didn't have to go around.  My bad!
So I walked the 3/4 ish mile to the van before noon when I felt it was dry enough and I got the van unstuck, then went to turn around on the road and got stuck in the other ditch... hmph!  I was determined and the minivan got home.  The road that they were just rebuilding. is. a mess!  My bad!  I won't say hmph about that because I really feel bad about that.
I know that I should be all encouraging and uplifting, but I just don't feel that way today!  I just feel like hmph and so I say, "hmph!"  Tomorrow is a new day.  I didn't get my chores done, I haven't done laundry.  I haven't graded yesterday's schoolwork.  I made a muddy mess in the laundry room, and mostly cleaned it.  My mud shoes are out on the porch because I washed my minivan and got myself very messy.  When I put the hose away, I splattered mud on the side of the van and just left it there.  Hmph!
Yesterday, the kids were done with school early and today, though they were up and ready to go to town at 7 A.M., they are still working on school at 1:30 and have a ways to go to finish.  His Mercies are new every morning and my hmph will surely go away.  I do need to get a better attitude before I see other people tonight, but for now... hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment