Friday, April 13, 2012

Art class

We had been so bogged down by lack of organization that we often left out a favorite class.  ART!  I hate to skip this because I love art.  With our new schedule format I scheduled art weekly and today is a reward for all of us.
I am finishing off this year with the misc projects I had bought for the kids but never found time to work on.  In the mean time I'm saving butter tubs syrup bottles, egg cartons and such so we have a good supply for cheap projects.  Pinterest has many great ideas but I dispose of all our waste.  I hate junk lying around.
As we start upcycling projects, I will post them with links to instructions.  In the rare occasion I come up with my own project, I'll try to do a tutorial.  I'm excited about that!
Today, I have plaster-like horses and craft paint for them to use in red, yellow, blue and white.  The horses were in a kit from a dollar-type store but the paints were all dried out.  Kids are having a great time!

Getting Started!
He's doing a nice job with the details.
"I made pink!"

No comments:

Post a Comment