Thursday, April 26, 2012

Art Today, Health Tomorrow

We all are so excited about our art lesson today.  We got a library book called, Arty Facts: Our Bodies & Art Activities.  Since we are studying the human body in health class, I thought this was appropriate.

An example of how the book is laid out.  











Tomorrow we will learn about our lungs so today we made working bellows.  We didn't have the exact materials but we had a pizza box for cardboard, paint, paintbrushes, glitter glue, fabric and a hot glue gun with glue sticks.  I won't go tutorial here because I don't want to commit plagiarism, but there are some pics from my phone I will share.
Tomorrow we will have a health lesson on lungs so we'll be able to use our own bellows' to enhance the lesson.  I don't always take the opportunity to do these projects, but it is projects like these that the kids will remember.
My daughter has so much glitter glue on her bellows pieces that it may be tomorrow before I can put it together.  We've been playing with the camouflage one and it is really cool!


Getting Started.  She wanted pink and purple.  He wanted camouflage.
Adding a little more detail.
His finished product.

Her finished product.
Here they are together.  This is so far one of our favorites!
s


No comments:

Post a Comment