Sunday, May 20, 2012

Success!

We successfully completed our first semester at Life Song Academy on May 11, 2012.  A whole week early!  Yahoo!  I have to put the final 2 days' grades in the computer and print of a grade card for our records. I'm very proud of my kids!  We ended the year with all A's and 1 B between the two of them.  The B was within 1/2 percent of an A and really, I told them that A's aren't the most important thing in the world.  They're exciting to earn, but the most important part is that they learned something.
Our final day of school consisted of a Chronicles of Narnia marathon where we watched the 3 movies put out by Disney and had a cousin who just graduated from preschool join us.  Then we did a math assessment to check for readiness for our new math curriculum that I'm ordering for next year.  They cried about the test and during the test because they thought they couldn't do the work.  They actually took the exact same exams a month before this and each passed with low passing scores.  We worked on their problem areas since we are switching curricula and I really want them to be ready for next year.  After all the fuss, they finished the assessments with 94/102 and 90/100.  I think they just wanted to be done with brain work.
This past week has been refreshing to me and the house is clean again except our classroom.  I kind of fell back on housekeeping as we put in extra long mom-intensive school days to get done a week early.  I really want to organize the classroom differently, but am not sure how to do it yet.  The kids have each read a few books and are ready for the library's summer reading program.  I might take a break from blogging until I prepare for next year or I might come up with some ideas or post our summer activities.  I guess that's for us all to find out.
I'm excited to start our next year with curriculum that I think will fit well with my kids and I will have teacher's manuals to help me!!!  YAY!
Until next time!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment