Monday, October 23, 2017

Quarter 1 wrapped up

My kids finished their first quarter of school a week ago and I am just now getting to post about it.  Last week was a marathon as we had activities every day.  This week we are doing choir and scholar's bowl today and then youth group Wednesday is the only thing scheduled until Sunday morning church!  I see a ray of sunlight beaming!
My son said that we will be in quarantine for a whole week.  I told him that I sacrifice my quarantine 5 days a week for them, so he can bear with me in quarantine for this week.  Next week begins basketball season.  I love that my kids are active and healthy, but I am so grateful for this break!
I honestly think this first quarter seemed to go more quickly than the summer, and I barely had time to blink.  Next thing we know, it will be Christmas and semester's end!
So as far as schooling goes, I break it into quarters, because I am a goal person.  I love to meet the goals I set and school seems to be better for me if I chunk it into quarters.  I have so much I want to accomplish by this date and we get it done.  Sometimes it is like pulling teeth to pull it off, but the rewards are great!  We got to have a 4 day weekend and that was pretty great as well.  Last Monday, we had a safety day and we learned about gas and electrical safety.  Then we had an excellent presentation on drug awareness and safety.  One of our local sheriffs gave the presentation and my kids had great questions and discussion afterward.  With other activities including an all day volleyball tournament last Thursday, we ended up doing 2 school days last week, so as today began, we were finally getting a good start to our second quarter of this school year. As Mondays go, this is not much different trying to find focus on our school endeavors.  We almost lost a computer to a cat and water.  We had some laundry distractions as our first scholars bowl meet is this afternoon and we need to dress up.  You'd think we were going to prom.  All in all I know that this is going to be a good week!  Tomorrow evening in quarantine we have to make monster cookies.  Oh the tragedy!!!
Signing off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment